Re: change table to view problem

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: change table to view problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sim Zacks wrote:
> I merged 2 tables into 1 table and created a view  for each of the tables so
> as not to break existing applications. I renamed the old tables with the
> _old suffix in case there was a problem so I could verify against the old
> data.
>
> The problem is that all the views and functions switched the name of the
> table to the renamed table and do not use the new views I have created. Is
> there a recommended way of updating all the views and functions that  use
> the table to start using the view?

This is how it's supposed to work. System objects (views, foreign-keys,
some functions etc) track other objects by their OID. Otherwise changes
to table-names, or schema search-paths could wreak havoc.

If you want to attach the views to the new tables then you'll need to
recreate them.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd