Re: ubuntu 18: PostgreSQL does not start. how can I totally remove and reinstall it

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: ubuntu 18: PostgreSQL does not start. how can I totally remove and reinstall it
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/23/21 11:08 PM, Hemil Ruparel wrote:
> One small note. Aside from the fact that your server is running from a
> different port, psycopg2 does not support authentication without
> password afaik. It has bit me twice

Some thinking on this made me realize where you could get into this
situation. Namely if you are using psycopg2 compiled against an older
version of libpq that you then use to connect to a newer version of the
server that is using an authentication method that the libpq version
does not know about. This however is a generic issue of mismatched
libraries and not unique to psycopg2.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com