Re: [BUGS] Something strang on "left join"

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: [BUGS] Something strang on "left join"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 09/28/2017 12:01 PM, jeanpierre.carayol@free.fr wrote:
> I also suspect the ID columns values for lines identified by CUST-NO.
>
> Sorry to ask an additionnal question here. There is a useful Oracle
> function dump()
> <https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/server.111/b28286/functions048.htm#SQLRF00635>
> to check the internal field value. Is there anything similar with
> PostgreSQL ?

I don't think there's anything like that in PostgreSQL directly, but you
could use "orafce" extension [1] which provides various functions
available on Oracle, including dump().

[1] https://github.com/orafce/orafce

But you could also use 'quote_ident()' which simply quotes the value, so
any additional spaces are quite obvious.

Or even better - fix the schema and make the fields INT or BIGINT, which
will make the fields both more efficient and resilient to such issues.

regards