Re: OOM Killing on Docker while ANALYZE running

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: OOM Killing on Docker while ANALYZE running
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 26/01/18 15:51, Ray Stell wrote:

> On 1/25/18 3:48 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> writes:
>
> Mike Coleman's talk at DockerCon17 is here:
> http://training.play-with-docker.com/ops-stage1/
> At about the 38 minute mark, on the topic of transitioning enterprise
> apps to docker:
> "define your guardrails,  leave the db out in the VM."  Mike is a
> docker evangelist.

Hmm - I don't think docker per se is the problem here - that
default_statistics_target of 10000 is the more likely culprit. A minimal
allowance of resources (e.g memory in this case) combined with hugely
over spec'ed memory use (the default_statistics_target setting) is gonna
trigger OOM for any environment.

regards

Mark