[Fwd: how to determine storage size of a numeric column]

От Chris Hoover
Тема [Fwd: how to determine storage size of a numeric column]
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I did not see it come through.  resent.
I'm running 7.3.4, and am trying to calculate the space requirements for
my tables.  However, I have several tables that have numeric columns,
and am not sure how much space postgres is using for them.  Does anyone
know how to determine this?

I have tried looking at pg_attribute.attlen, but it is -l, I have tried
looking at pg_attribute.atttypmod, but it is returning what would be
huge space requirements (some of them are 786,4400, 786442, 1,179,645, .
. .).  Is that number really how many bytes it is taking up?  I am
thinking (and hoping) not.

So, where else can I look for the size?

thanks,

Chris