Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle vs. Microsoft

От Gary Doades
Тема Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle vs. Microsoft
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Dave Cramer wrote:
> I'm curious, why do you think that's serious ? What do you really expect
> to do in the stored procedure ? Anything of consequence will seriously
> degrade performance if you select it in say a million rows.

I'm not sure what you mean by "select it in a million rows". I would
expect to write a procedure within the database engine to select a
million rows, process them and return the result to the client. Very
efficient.

Cheers,
Gary.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle vs. Microsoft
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle vs. Microsoft