Re: restore data from DB base?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: restore data from DB base?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
jennifer fan wrote:

> One server that hold postgresql(7.4.6) and data(account system data)
> stop working yesterday, the disks may be demaged. the data wasn't
> backuped.  Does anybody know how to restore data from DB base. That
> means, if the data directory could be found from disk, is it possiple
> to install  a postgresql(7.4.6) in a new machine, copy data directory
> to new machine, then try to restore data ? But how to ask postgresql
> knew the data directory?  Any suggestion will very be apperciate.

If the data directory is intact, you should be able to move it to a new
7.4.6 postgresql installation without issue.
You could then start it up with a command like this:

pg_ctl -D <path to data directory> -l <path to logfile> start

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> Thanks

> Post your free ad now! *Yahoo! Canada Personals*
> <http://ca.personals.yahoo.com/>

Вложения

От: Si Chen
Сообщение: pg_hba.conf and password authentication problem
От: "Devi Munandar"
Сообщение: Install Slony-I on Postgresql 7.3.2