Re: Inappropriate changes to front page text [Was: Re:

От Alexey Borzov
Тема Re: Inappropriate changes to front page text [Was: Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Hi,

Emily Boyd wrote:
> Having *The PostgreSQL Global Development Group* saying "Merry
> Christmas" to the international PostgreSQL community may be interpreted
> as culturally insensitive, as it implies that the *entire* PostgreSQL
> Global Development Group has this particular belief (which from a quick
> glance at the locations and backgrounds of developers, seems unlikely),
> and that *everyone* in the PostgreSQL community celebrates Christmas.
> Sure, maybe only a minority will be offended, but is it worth the risk
> with such a diverse, international community?

There is another wrong implication that Christmas is celebrated Right Now.
That's not the case in Russia and probably several other Orthodox countries
where Christmas is celebrated on 7th of January.

So I would be offended if I really cared (though I don't).

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Inappropriate changes to front page text [Was: Re:
Сообщение: Re: Inappropriate changes to front page text [Was: Re: