DELETE versus TRUNCATE during pg_dump....

От Patrick Hatcher
Тема DELETE versus TRUNCATE during pg_dump....
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Pg 7.4.5

Curious:  Why would a DELETE FROM tablename work while a pg_dump is
occurring but a TRUNCATE tablename will stay in a lock state until the
pg_dump is complete?

About 60% of our tables are refreshed daily from our Filemaker database
and we don't care if one or more of these tables are empty while we do
our daily backups.

TIA

Patrick