Re: launching new site

От Alexey Borzov
Тема Re: launching new site
Дата
Re: launching new site  (Robert Bernier <robert.bernier5@sympatico.ca>)
Список pgsql-www
Hi,

Robert Treat wrote:
> I'm of the opinion that we ought to launch the new site on or before the
> PostgreSQL 8.0 release in whatever shape it is in.  I know a lot of people
> would like to see several parts of the content updated before launch, but
> I've sort of come to the conclusion that if we just reuse the existing
> content, we're not making things any worse, and then people can get a hold of
> the improvements we do have that much sooner.

Agree here.

> To that end, I also think we
> ought to switch to Omar's design as is.  No one seems to have the gumption to
> kick around lukaczs design in regards to issues that were raised earlier,
> while we have certainly have a least one person (Omar) working steadily with
> that design.  What I would like to see is an application of Omar's latest
> work (I believe Omar and/or Gavin will have a patch available soon) so that
> we can put that up on wwwmaster and have people do some beta testing of it.

That's a nice way to convince people: "either you take our design as is or you
don't get any content updates".

Another question is: should I move to Australia before I'll be able to continue
participating in new website development?

Please note, that doesn't mean I don't like the new design, it is definitely
good. I just don't quite like the way its development is going.