Re: launching new site

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: launching new site
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Monday 06 December 2004 03:04, Alexey Borzov wrote:
> > To that end, I also think we
> > ought to switch to Omar's design as is.  No one seems to have the
> > gumption to kick around lukaczs design in regards to issues that were
> > raised earlier, while we have certainly have a least one person (Omar)
> > working steadily with that design.  What I would like to see is an
> > application of Omar's latest work (I believe Omar and/or Gavin will have
> > a patch available soon) so that we can put that up on wwwmaster and have
> > people do some beta testing of it.
>
> That's a nice way to convince people: "either you take our design as is or
> you don't get any content updates".

Not at all.  We have already recieved some content updates from Omar, and we
have all of Omar's current code from his SVN repository. If someone wants to
take his content changes and fit them in to the current design, we can do
that.  I don't, since I know there are issues with the current design
regarding sub-navigation that I don't want to deal with (and apparently no
one else does either) given that those issues go away with Omar's design.

> Another question is: should I move to Australia before I'll be able to
> continue participating in new website development?

I'm not sure I understand the above, but FWIW I've always wanted to move to
Australia if people are putting relocation packages together ;-)

> Please note, that doesn't mean I don't like the new design, it is
> definitely good. I just don't quite like the way its development is going.

I'm scared to ask for specifics :-)

--
Robert Treat