joins INNER, OUTER, LEFT, RIGHT, FULL, ...

От Roderick A. Anderson
Тема joins INNER, OUTER, LEFT, RIGHT, FULL, ...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Be gentle as I come from an Oracle background a long time ago.

I am trying to join several tables with a couple of tables having a one
to many relationship.  I got one query working pretty well but the issue
comes about when I add one more table with a one-to-one relationship.  I
get a semi/pseudo Cartesian join.

I'm not asking for the exact solution but a pointer to a _good_
reference on complex joins.  My searching on the PostgreSQL site and
Google only turn up examples of simple joins.  I did forget to look at
the two PostgreSQL books I have at home -- Bruce's and Practical
PostgreSQL -- last night so if there are some in them a light tap with
the clue-stick will suffice.

Thanks,
Rod
--