Re: Can COPY skip a header line?

От Johan Wehtje
Тема Re: Can COPY skip a header line?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
MS SQL Server has a BULK INSERT command that can take a parameter "Start
Row" so that you can skip as many Rows as you want.
this is also available using the command line bcp utility. This would be
a nice feature for Postgresql to have , and I can't see it on any of the
to do lists, unless it is already implemented well enough in third party
utility or contrib. I shelled out a fair bit to get hold of EMS Hi Tech
Postgres Manager bundle, and whilst there is a lot to like about it
generally, at least part of the reason was because of the improved bulk
insert tools.