Re: Join between databases or (???)

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Join between databases or (???)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 07:37:12PM -0700, Net Virtual Mailing Lists wrote:

> If I want to take an existing table and add it into a schema is it
> basically "alter database [database] rename [table] to schema.[table]"?....

Unfortunately not.  See a recent thread in pgsql-sql that discussed
this:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-sql/2004-11/msg00139.php

> .. I guess that I was just looking for confirmation there was not
> something in postgres which would allow this "full featured cross-
> database join" before pulling an a few all nighters...

PostgreSQL doesn't have any inherent cross-database capabilities.
You can use dblink to query another database and join the results
against the current database, but its capabilities probably aren't
what you'd consider "full-featured."  Still, you might want to
check it out if you're not familiar with it.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/