Re: session_id

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: session_id
Дата
Re: session_id
Список pgsql-sql
Riccardo G. Facchini wrote:
> hi all,
>
> is there a way to determine the session id on a database session?
>
> I would need to have a unique number whenever a session is started, and
> have this available as a function or view result.

Add a new sequence to your database:  CREATE SEQUENCE my_session_id;

Then, at the start of every session:  SELECT nextval('my_session_id');

and whenever you need the value:  SELECT currval('my_session_id');

Sequences are concurrency-safe, so you're OK with multiple clients. They
return INT8 values, so you should be good for unique numbers for a while.

The only thing is, you need to remember to call nextval() every time you
connect.

HTH
--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd