Re: session_id

От Riccardo G. Facchini
Тема Re: session_id
Дата
Re: session_id
Список pgsql-sql
--- Richard Huxton <__> wrote:

> Riccardo G. Facchini wrote:
> > hi all,
> >
> > is there a way to determine the session id on a database session?
> >
> > I would need to have a unique number whenever a session is started,
> and
> > have this available as a function or view result.
>
> Add a new sequence to your database:
>    CREATE SEQUENCE my_session_id;
>
> Then, at the start of every session:
>    SELECT nextval('my_session_id');
>
> and whenever you need the value:
>    SELECT currval('my_session_id');
>
> Sequences are concurrency-safe, so you're OK with multiple clients.
> They
> return INT8 values, so you should be good for unique numbers for a
> while.
>
> The only thing is, you need to remember to call nextval() every time
> you
> connect.
>
> HTH
> --
>    Richard Huxton
>    Archonet Ltd

Good idea, but it won't work for what I need.
I'll be able to do get the nextval('my_session_id') as soon as the
session initiates, but my problem is that I need to make all the
subsecuent actions aware of that particular value. using
currval('my_session_id') is not good, as any other session is likely to
also change my_session_id to another value.

I was looking more on the pg_stat_activity view, but the problem I face
is that I'm not sure on how to retrieve the unique
pg_stat_get_backend_pid that corresponds to my own job...

thank you,

any other suggestion?

regards,