Re: ODBC Driver stability

От Gary Doades
Тема Re: ODBC Driver stability
Дата
Re: ODBC Driver stability  (<md-postgres-donath@netapps.de>)
Список pgsql-odbc
Markus Donath wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have also tested several PGSQL ODBC driver versions with Windows 2000, IIS
> (the Windows webserver) and ASP.
> Version 7.3.2.0 runs best in a multithreaded environment, but it is still
> not 100% stable.
> The webserver sometimes hangs (depends on the load) so that the process
> needs to be killed.
> All in all, the Postgres ODBC driver does not fit our needs for stability,
> and as the posts in this newsgroup show, there is no development going on.
> To me, it looks like no one here uses the ODBC-driver for server
> applications with windows.
> Our conclusion is that Postgres is not usable with ODBC on windows, and no
> stable driver will be available soon. We are going to switch a different
> database. To bad, as the database itself runs fast and stable.
>
> bye bye postgres !

I have to admit that I have not had any problems with 7.3.2.0 and I have
hit it pretty hard. In real-load tests with around 100 concurrent
connections from an ASP.NET server ticking over at around 12 connections
per second on average, ODBC pooling on, with a good mix of
selects/update/inserts it has not hung at all.

How do you know that it is the ODBC driver itself that is hanging the
web app?

Cheers,
Gary.