caching complete table for optimizing search ?

От Albrecht Berger
Тема caching complete table for optimizing search ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I'm running a search query on a table with approximately 120.000 rows
(3848 relpages, dbsize tablesize 30MB).

Because of poor performance I would like to cache the complete table in
memory, but I'm not sure which config param I have to use to accomplish
that.
The other tables in the db are rather small.

What configuration values are best for this kind of database ?

Postgres 8.0beta2 on a
RedHat-Linux with
Pentium Celeron 1500
256MB RAM