Re: rmtree() failure on Windows

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: rmtree() failure on Windows
Дата
Re: rmtree() failure on Windows  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

Reini Urban wrote:

>>> 300 secs (!) fs timeout is really broken.
>>> Looks more like a locking or network timeout issue.
>>> What error codes does unlink(3) return?
>>

>> success.
>

> Oops! 5min timeout for success is certainly problematic.

You misunderstood. The 300 secs is not in waiting for unlink() to
return, it is in waiting for its effects to be seen by rmdir() (i.e. for
the entry to actually be cleared from the directory). unlink() is
returning very quickly. If the bgwriter is disabled then the entries are
cleared very quickly too (i.e. before we even get to rmdir())

cheers

andrew