Re: rmtree() failure on Windows

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: rmtree() failure on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> >> success.
> >

> > Oops! 5min timeout for success is certainly problematic.
> >

> You misunderstood. The 300 secs is not in waiting for unlink() to
> return, it is in waiting for its effects to be seen by rmdir() (i.e. for
> the entry to actually be cleared from the directory). unlink() is
> returning very quickly. If the bgwriter is disabled then the entries are
> cleared very quickly too (i.e. before we even get to rmdir())

What I am thinking is that the way we open these files allows us to
delete them while they are still open, but perhaps it doesn't allow us
to actually delete the directory that contains the files.

Also, it is possible bgwriter is keeping some files open in that
directory and that is causing the long delays.

Pennsylvania19073