Limiting postmaster to listen in a particular ip address only

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Limiting postmaster to listen in a particular ip address only
Дата
Re: Limiting postmaster to listen in a particular ip address only  (Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I have two NICs in my machine i want that postmaster shud only listen to the
internal NIC . I cannot limit it to listen in  unix domain sockets only
because
it needs to be accessed from other machine inside LAN.

Is there any way to accomplish it or a restrictive pg_hba.conf is the only
solution ?

Most of the servers ( like bind,apache) provide the facitly  of accepting
connections only on particular ip addresses / interfaces shud postmaster
also provide the same (in case its not so)?

Regds
mallah.

--

regds
Mallah.

Rajesh Kumar Mallah
| Tradeindia.com  (3,11,246) Registered Users         |
| Indias' Leading B2B eMarketPlace                  |
| http://www.tradeindia.com/                |