Re: NIC to NIC connection

От Gaetano Mendola
Тема Re: NIC to NIC connection
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jay A. Kreibich wrote:
 > On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 07:05:40PM +0200, Gaetano Mendola scratched on the wall:
 >

 >>We have some switches that are able to do ip routing too... :-(
 >

 >   So called "layer-three switches" are a whole different game.

Ok that's explain all, I was able to create two different VLAN's with a
cable between two ports ( in order to simulate two different switches), each port was
appartaining to a different VLAN and I was seeing ARPREQUEST passing by the cable in
order to detect the address in the other side, just for fun I replaced the cable with
a traffic shaper and all was working very fine...
However I wasn't curious enough to see who was the arp request source, may be was not
the "router/switcher" but a client that was doing it.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola