Re: large dumps won't restore

От Weiping
Тема Re: large dumps won't restore
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Christian Fowler wrote:

> db=# \encoding
> UNICODE
>
> the last four columns in the table are:
>
>  full_name_nd  | character varying(200)      |
>  mod_date      | timestamp without time zone |
>  pc_char       | character varying(4)        |
>  dim_char      | character varying(16)       |
>
> [root@host root]# env |grep LANG
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8

emm. guess you don't have PGCLIENTENCODING setting,
what's the contend of full_name_nd? could it contain some
multibyte character?

try:

export PGCLIENTENCODING=UNICODE

then reload the dump file, see if the error happens again?
I guess there are some problematic character in full_name_nd field.
you may use 'less' or 'more' command to check line 169371, see
if it contain some weird chars.

regards

Laser