Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1268)

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1268)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Is there any reason it's easier to do as a configure option instead of
an initdb option or better yet a per-database option?

The reason we're shying away from configure options for functionality
changes is that more and more users are getting pistgres from binary
distributions. Which option should redhat ship for example?

Also, a configure option is kind if weird since that's a property of
the binary not the data: what happens if you build a database with
selinux and the switch binaries to a non-we build? Is that option in
pg_control?

--
Greg