Re: Windows build warnings

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Windows build warnings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Right ... the problem, as I understand, is that the syntax for
> [[maybe_unused]] is different from what we can do with the current
> pg_attribute_unused -- [[maybe_unused]] goes before the variable name.
> We would need to define pg_attribute_unused macro (maybe have it take
> the variable name and initializator value as arguments?), and also
> define PG_USED_FOR_ASSERTS_ONLY in the same style.

I've thought all along that PG_USED_FOR_ASSERTS_ONLY was making
unwarranted assumptions about what the underlying syntax would be,
and it seems I was right.  Anyone want to look into what it'd take
to change this?

(It might be an idea to introduce a new macro with a slightly
different name, so we don't have to touch every usage site
right away.)