Re: Windows build warnings

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Windows build warnings
Дата
Re: Windows build warnings  (Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Nov-23, Juan José Santamaría Flecha wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 2:11 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> > It's supported in clang as well per the documentation [0] in at least some
> > configurations or distributions:

> [[maybe_unused]] is also recognized from Visual Studio 2017 onwards [1].
>
> [1] https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/cpp/attributes?view=msvc-170

Right ... the problem, as I understand, is that the syntax for
[[maybe_unused]] is different from what we can do with the current
pg_attribute_unused -- [[maybe_unused]] goes before the variable name.
We would need to define pg_attribute_unused macro (maybe have it take
the variable name and initializator value as arguments?), and also
define PG_USED_FOR_ASSERTS_ONLY in the same style.

--
Álvaro Herrera           39°49'30"S 73°17'W  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/