Re: Unit testing

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Unit testing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Neil Conway wrote:

>> 3. Unit testing frameworks are best suited to component-based
>> architectures, ISTM. I'm not sure that one would fit Postgres very well.
>

> Can you elaborate?

With objects that are relatively standalone, you can instantiate them
easily and plug them into a testing framework. The more interdependent
things are, the harder it is.

I think a concrete example of what you're suggesting would help a lot.
Pick one small area, show the changes needed, and how you would use the
testing setup.

cheers

andrew