Re: Unit testing

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: Unit testing
Дата
Re: Unit testing  (Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> 2. Won't dissolving away "static" cause naming conflicts?

It might, yes. Those can be resolved, I think. I don't see a good reason
why function names can't be unique across the source tree; at the very
least, it means less irritation for anyone using tags.

> 3. Unit testing frameworks are best suited to component-based
> architectures, ISTM. I'm not sure that one would fit Postgres very well.

Can you elaborate?

> Retrofitting unit testing is a lot harder than starting out doing it
> from day 1.

Granted, but I don't think that implies that retrofitting isn't worth
the effort.

-Neil