Re: Altering column type causes unstable server and data

От Micahael Long
Тема Re: Altering column type causes unstable server and data
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>pgsql-bugs is much more appropriate, especially for problem reports
>against a beta version.

I will keep this in mind in the outside chance that I run into another
issue :)

>I tried to reproduce this without any success.  Given the inconsistency
>of the behavior, I'm wondering about hardware flakiness on your machine.

As I get some time I will try to create a scenario to reproduce the
problem. While thinking about the sequence of events that led to this
problem I realized that it will take some controlled testing to isolate
what went wrong. I may be that the alter column type command had nothing
to do with it.

>>the message "FATAL: missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file." This file
>>not only exists but has not be modified by me during this time frame.
>>

>So what's in the file now?

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

local   all         all                               trust

# IPv4-style local connections:
# host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
host    all          all         192.168.1.0/24        trust

# IPv6-style local connections:
# host    all         all         ::1/128               trust

От: Christopher Browne
Сообщение: Re: High Availability for PostgreSQL
От: "raja gudepu"
Сообщение: installing PostgreSql in silent mode on windows