Re: fedora core 2 postgresql regression tests fail

От John McBride
Тема Re: fedora core 2 postgresql regression tests fail
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Thursday 30 September 2004 00:07, John McBride wrote:
>
>>As user postgres I try and run the tests:
>

>>$ pwd
>>/usr/lib/pgsql/test/regress
>>$ time ./pg_regress.sh --schedule=parallel_schedule
[snip]
> ===============
> Now, if you'll look very carefully the create_funtion_1 failure is due to the
> difference between the expected output:
> Can't find function nosuchsymbol
> and the generated output:
> could not find function "nosuchsymbol"
>
> This is not a problem, since it's just a different wording.  The test is
> checking to make sure that it can reliably fail an attempt to create a
> nonexistent funtion.  Minor differences in error message wording often causes
> the regression test suite to trip up on trivial things, like this one.

my later message drops the error count to one, too.

btw, i never claimed that "random" failures were an issue; it was never
one of the six i mentioned.

as far as the string difference issue causing the create_function_1
failure, that's good news--it's the only one i couldn't figure out.

create_function_1 does not fail when 8b3 is built from source so i think
the pg crew has somehow corrected the error.

and i am sorry for not reading the share docs. all i read was the README
in the regress directory and a few notes i found on the web.

thank you,
John