Re: open item: tablespace handing in pg_dump/pg_restore

От Reini Urban
Тема Re: open item: tablespace handing in pg_dump/pg_restore
Дата
Re: open item: tablespace handing in pg_dump/pg_restore  (Reini Urban <rurban@x-ray.at>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane schrieb:
>>I am confused.  CVS has in port.h:
>>so you should already be calling the junction code on Cygwin.

true. didn't thought of that. very strange.
 > Yeah, I'm sure he is, but it looks from the regression results like it
> doesn't quite work on Cygwin.  Is that fixable?

I'll step that in the debugger.

> If so, we'd have a choice of whether to rely on junctions or on
> Cygwin's own emulation of symlinks. I'd be inclined to think the
> former is a better idea,
> if only because it'd give you some chance of migrating a data> directory between Cygwin and native ports.

Cygwin can do symlinks for directories via the magic .lnk file.
But Cygwin can also do junctions via hardlinks in ln.exe.
I thought link() calls the junction code.
I'll investigate why the libc link() failed, and if ln.exe does some
sifferent magic, similar to pgsymlink.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/