Re: What is a tuple?

От Daryl Beattie
Тема Re: What is a tuple?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I've always wondered that myself! And this is the answer I came up with in
my head:

Tuple is an abstract term. You can use it when discussing a set of data.

Row is a physical term, referring to a row in a database table.

So, when talking about any row in any table (which may or may not be
physical), it is appropriate to use the term "tuple". But when speaking of a
database in a non-abstract sense, it is better just to say "row".

Hope my input helps. :)

- Daryl.