Re: Users and multiple server environment

От Michael Long
Тема Re: Users and multiple server environment
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>This looks like a 7.4 psql trying to use a pre-7.4 libpq.so.  You need
>to take a close look at where you've installed the different libpq
>generations and how this matches up to the ldconfig search path.
>
>Personally I like to use rpath-style link specifications to ensure that
>a particular psql generation will hook to the corresponding libpq
>generation, regardless of any system-wide ldconfig settings.  There are
>other ways to do it, but the default Linux mechanism doesn't work very
>well for this :-(

This is where I am getting into areas I don't really understand. I
believe I have 7.3.2 installed along with 8.0b3.

/usr/bin/psql -V
psql (PostgreSQL) 7.3.2

/usr/local/pgsql_8.0b3/bin/psql -V
psql (PostgreSQL) 8.0.0beta3

The when configuring 8.0b3 I thought that I had specified to use the
rpath style link, although now that I look at the string again, maybe not :)

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql_8.0b3 --disable-rpath
--with-pgport=5480 --with-perl --with-python --with-tcl
--enable-thread-safety --enable-debug --enable-cassert --enable-depend
--with-libraries=/lib:/usr/local/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload

How do I go about sorting this out? If I rerun the istall without the
--disable-rpath switch will this help?

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Users and multiple server environment
От: Gaetano Mendola
Сообщение: Re: PLEASE GOD HELP US!