Re: Users and multiple server environment

От Michael Long
Тема Re: Users and multiple server environment
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Michael Long wrote:

>> You're missing something.  Check which port you are actually talking to.
>>
>> I do this all the time --- my development machine standardly has half a
>> dozen postmasters running on it, one for each major release 7.0-current.
>> They do not impinge on each other at all.  It helps to build each
>> release from source so that you can set a different install prefix and
>> default port number for each one.

Further investigation shows that I was not using the newly built psql
binary. When attempting to use the newly built binary I get an error.
Did I miss something during the configure/make dance. Here is what I get.

 ./psql -U proporg
./psql: relocation error: ./psql: undefined symbol: PQsetErrorVerbosity