Re: PLEASE GOD HELP US!

От Gaetano Mendola
Тема Re: PLEASE GOD HELP US!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Shane | SkinnyCorp wrote:>  # PGSQL Version 7.4.2

Upgrade to 7.4.5

> #--------------------------------------------------------------------------->  # RESOURCE USAGE (except WAL)>>
#---------------------------------------------------------------------------> # - Memory ->  shared_buffers = 8192>
sort_mem= 8192>  vacuum_mem = 127072

Here vacuum_mem is too high, memory wasted, if you do
regular vacuum or you use the autovacuum daemon then
usualy 32MB are enough

>  # - Free Space Map ->  max_fsm_pages = 50000           # min max_fsm_relations*16, 6 bytes each>  max_fsm_relations
=1000        # min 100, ~50 bytes each

you didn't show us the result of

vacuum full verbose

so I can not tell you if they are enough or not.

>  enable_seqscan = false

enable_seqscan = true

Do you think that an index scan is always worst then a seqscan ?

>  random_page_cost = 4            # units are one sequential page fetch cost

decrease this value to 2.5
>  # - Query/Index Statistics Collector ->>  stats_start_collector = false>  stats_command_string = false>
stats_block_level= false>  stats_row_level = false>  stats_reset_on_server_start = false

I suggest you to start the collectors

stats_start_collector = true
stats_command_string = true
stats_block_level = true