grant command: wildcard on tables?

От Duane Winner
Тема grant command: wildcard on tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

We have a database with data loaded and now I need to GRANT
SELECT,UPDATE,INSERT,DELETE to all tables in 4 different schemas for a
specific postgresql user account.

I have two problems:

1) One of these schemas has 75 tables. Is there a way to do the GRANT
command with a wildcard to give the privileges to the user in one fell
swoop?

I try:

    mydatabase=# grant select,update,insert,delete on schemaA.* to myuser;

and I get:
    ERROR:  relation "schemaA.*" does not exist

2) The other three schemas only have several tables each, so I can just
run the GRANT command on each schema.table individually, however one
table has a name with a hyphen it, and this causes an error.

I try:

    mydatabase=# grant select,update,insert,delete on schemaB.table-two
to myuser;

and I get:
    ERROR:  syntax error at or near "-" at character 46

Hopefully there are solutions for both of these problems. And I figure
if I get a solution for problem #1, it will take care of problem #2. Is
there a wildcard syntax solution for #1? Is there a delimiter syntax
solution for #2?

Thanks for any info,
Duane Winner