Re: VACUUM FULL achieves nothing / Postgres 7.3.2 + RedHat 7.3

От Gaetano Mendola
Тема Re: VACUUM FULL achieves nothing / Postgres 7.3.2 + RedHat 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
R. Willmington wrote:> Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
news:<41484EA5.9060904@bigfoot.com>...>>>>Areyou sure you dont have connection in status: "idle in transaction"?>>Check
with:>>>>ps-eafwww | grep post>>>>>>Gaetano>>> Hello Gaetano,>> Thank you for the reply.> I have checked the
connectionswith the command you suggested, they> are all in status "idle".>> Update on the problem described in my
initialposting:>> I have deleted some 4000 records from the table on the live system in> the meantime, it took about 36
minutesto complete.

Do you have cascade delete ? 4000 record in 36 minutes are too much, in my
system I delete milion records in a few seconds, are you sure you are presenting
the entire scenario ?

Regards
Gaetano Mendola