changing create table

От Varun Shingal
Тема changing create table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
HI

I am a new developer and will be trying my habd for the first time at
trying to develop in the open source community.

In postres for some reason its not possible to choose a file structure
while we are creating tables!!! It is possibel while making an index. The
reason might be that we dont know all the data before trying to decide on
a file structure but the user who is trying to create the table might be
intelligent enough to choose the proper file structure for this task.

Is it possible to integrate this in postgres? If it is then why hasnt it
been implemented before? If it is possible and i do want to implement it ,
what method should i adopt in trying to do the above?

Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

--
Varun Shingal
Semester III