Re: Autonomous transaction

От John Sidney-Woollett
Тема Re: Autonomous transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-general
My understanding is that this feature won't be available even in v8 of
postgres. Nested transactions will roll back with the main transaction
when it's rolled back...

You could take a look at contrib/dblink because apparantly you can open
   a connection to another (and probably the same) DB, and then write
your logging information that way (ie within a function or session).
Anything you do using the dblink will not be rolled back.

Although I haven't used it, I don't think that dblink is not as simple
to use as Oracle's database link with the "@dblink" notation. So you'll
need to check the docs to see how it works - the README looks OK though.

Maybe someone else can suggest a better approach?

John Sidney-Woollett