Autonomous transaction

От Daniel Daoust
Тема Autonomous transaction
Дата
Re: Autonomous transaction
Список pgsql-general
Hi, knowing that "autonomous transaction" (Oracle
concept of) are not yet implemented in PostgreSQL, has
anyone found a work-around. I need to preserve
database states from a potential rollback and then log
them inside database tables.

What about:

1) using memory structures to hold the info, then
commit to the database just before exit (after the
rollback occurred).
2) write to the file system, then extract and then
commit to the database just before exit (after the
rollback occurred).
3) send messages to a daemon/database job that will
write to the tables using another
connection/transaction ???
4) ....

Any comment/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I am using PostgreSQL 7.4.3 on Linux.

Thanks,

Daniel