Re: patch to fix configure(.in) on openbsd wrt/ krb5/com_err and readline linking

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: patch to fix configure(.in) on openbsd wrt/ krb5/com_err and readline linking
Дата
Re: patch to fix configure(.in) on openbsd wrt/ krb5/com_err and readline linking  (Simon Bertrang <janus@errornet.de>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 10:25 AM, Simon Bertrang<janus@errornet.de> wrote:

> the following patch does two things on OpenBSD:

Thank you.

> =A01) Add missing libs to the krb5/com_err check that are required.
> =A0 =A0We have this in our ports tree since 7.4.3 but i can't find any
> =A0 =A0report about it, so here it finally is.

This seems really weird. Firstly, doesn't OpenBSD use ELF? Shouldn't
the library pull in the indirectly needed libraries automatically? But
more to the point, why on *earth* would com_err depend on -lssl and
-lcrypto? com_err is just a standard error handling library.  Why
would it fail to link without ssl and crypto libraries?!?!

If it is necessary, putting in an "if portname =3D openbsd" is defeating
the whole purpose of using autoconf here. Surely something like

 =A0 =A0AC_SEARCH_LIBS(com_err, [krb5 'krb5 -lcrypto -ldes -lasn1 -lroken'
'com_err' 'com_err -lssl -lcrypto'], [],

would be better since it would detect this situation regardless of
what OS it's on.

--=20
Gregory Stark
http://mit.edu/~gsstark/resume.pdf