Re: BUG #4838: Database corruption after btree_gin index creation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #4838: Database corruption after btree_gin index creation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Daniele Bortoluzzi <bortoluz@gmail.com> writes:
> If I cannot reproduce the error, what is the best way to catch the
> stack trace? Do I have to recompile with --enable-debug?

Yes, that would be the best thing.  If you are using gcc there is no
harm in using --enable-debug all the time; it just makes the executable
files a bit bigger, there's no performance change.

Make sure the postmaster is started with "ulimit -c unlimited", else
the crash might not drop a core file.  The core file will normally
appear in $PGDATA, but sometimes in a system-dependent special place
such as /cores/.

Once you've got a core file, do

    $ gdb /path/to/postgres-executable /path/to/core-file
    gdb> bt
    ... stack trace ...
    gdb> quit

and send the whole output of gdb.