Re: [GENERAL] postgres pg_bulkload c filter function in c programming

От Jan de Visser
Тема Re: [GENERAL] postgres pg_bulkload c filter function in c programming
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] postgres pg_bulkload c filter function in c programming
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday, December 29, 2016 5:10:08 AM EST rajmhn wrote:
> Gurus,
>
> Reading the data from file and loading it using pg_bulkload- C filter. As
> per documentation, C filter is much faster than SQL filter.
>
> I'm new to C. Gone through this documentation. Not clear, how to start.
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/xfunc-c.html.
>
> Can someone kindly guide me to create C code, so that it can be called in
> postgres function?

It seems to me it would be much easier to load the data into a temporary
table, and from there transform into the form you need it to be. If you're not
experienced in C (and probably even if you are) you can import *a lot* of data
in the time it would take you to develop that custom filter.

Besides, your requirements don't appear to be that difficult.