Re: [GENERAL] postgres pg_bulkload c filter function in c programming

От rajmhn
Тема Re: [GENERAL] postgres pg_bulkload c filter function in c programming
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Jan

I'm converting the code from Oracle to Postgres. Both version of code will
be available for different users.

In Oracle, doing these kind of transformation in SQL loader. Need to follow
the same kind of approach in Postgres. SQL filter approach was very easy in
terms of coding. From documentation found, C filter was very much faster
than SQL.

I'm very new to C. Tried few samples, as mentioned in this link.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/xfunc-c.html

It worked.

But, how this can be accomplished when it have 100's of columns from source.
Need to apply transformations only for few columns as mentioned above.

Totally struck, nobody is here to help. If you can guide me with some syntax
with the sample data provided above, will be grateful. I can manage it from
there.

Thanks