Re: pg_restore: error returned by PQputline

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: pg_restore: error returned by PQputline
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> =?iso-8859-1?q?Clodoaldo=20Pinto=20Neto?= <clodoaldo_pinto@yahoo.com.br> writes:
>
>> --- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> escreveu:
>>
>>>Look in the postmaster's log to see what happened.
>

>>LOG:  server process (PID 9576) was terminated by signal 9
>

> Well, there's a smoking gun ...
>
> Assuming that you didn't deliberately kill -9 your server process,
> the only mechanism I've heard of that causes this is the Linux kernel's
> out-of-memory killer

In fact, looking at the original post, the evidence is there in the free
output - swap all used up, no shared/buffers left to speak of...

 > $ free
 >              total       used       free     shared    buffers
 > cached
 > Mem:        759600     755712       3888          0       8380
 > 70144
 > -/+ buffers/cache:     677188      82412
 > Swap:      1539712    1539712          0

The sort_mem might be too high at 64MB - that's memory per sort and I
don't know how many simultaneous sorts you might have.
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd