Re: [BUGS] 8.0: Absolute path required for INITDB?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [BUGS] 8.0: Absolute path required for INITDB?
Дата
Re: [BUGS] 8.0: Absolute path required for INITDB?  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-patches

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Patch to throw an error if -L is not an abolute path attached and
>applied.

Why are we placing this restriction? What Josh tried to do seems
perfectly reasonable to me. Rather I would ask why we changed the
description-loading routine in version 1.7 of initdb.c to use a copy
from file instead of what happens everywhere else where initdb loads the
file and feeds it to the postgres stdin? And if we want to keep doing
that rather than being consistent with the rest of initdb, can't we just
make sure we make the path absolute?

cheers

andrew