Re: Postgres development model (was Re: CVS comment)

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Postgres development model (was Re: CVS comment)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>There is also a big difference between supporting some proprietary
>software and making proprietary software a de facto requirement for
>participating in the development effort.

Just to complete the information on this, I have it on good authority
(i.e. from Larry McVoy) that they have a prototype BK<->CVS
bidirectional read/write gateway. So nobody would be required to use
anything.

My personal opinion (which I expressed to Larry) is that the pain is not
great enough to warrant any change right now, but I guess the committers
have a better view of that than I do.

cheers

andrew