Re: Postgres development model (was Re: CVS comment)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Postgres development model (was Re: CVS comment)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Reinoud van Leeuwen wrote:
> Why? I understood that using BitKeeper for free for Open Source
> projects is allowed. (but IANAL).
> It is available (on many platforms). It works great. Once you use
> changesets you'll never want to go back to cvs.

There is a world of a difference between being free (of charge) for open
source projects and being open source itself.

> Producing an Open Source product does not mean that all tools are
> Open Source. Windows isn't and Postgresql is going to support
> windows.

There is also a big difference between supporting some proprietary
software and making proprietary software a de facto requirement for
participating in the development effort.

--
Peter Eisentraut