Re: Large number of partitions of a table

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Large number of partitions of a table
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 7:58 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> writes:
>>> I find it hard to believe that you'll *never* run a report against more
>>> customers than are in a single partition.

>> Yeah, I'm a little suspicious of that.

> Is "never" really the correct threshold here?

It is if you've pushed things to the point where, say, "select count(*)
from partitioned_table" will fail outright.  I don't have a lot of faith
in system designs that assume there will never be any ad-hoc queries
that are outside your normal pattern.

Сообщение: Re: Large number of partitions of a table
Сообщение: Re: Large number of partitions of a table