Re: Test case for bug fix in 7.4.3

От Gunasekaran Balakrishnan
Тема Re: Test case for bug fix in 7.4.3
Дата
Re: Test case for bug fix in 7.4.3  ("Scott Marlowe" <smarlowe@qwest.net>)
Список pgsql-general
The problem is that postgres is distributed as part of our product.
The last release we did was a month ago, where we upgraded from
7.2.2 to 7.4.2. There is no scheduled upgrade for the next 6 months.
So, I want to see how critical this problem is and what the chances
are of this occuring on our customer sites.

Thanks,
guna.

Bruce Momjian wrote:
Gunasekaran Balakrishnan wrote:
Hi,
    I see that one of the bug fixes in 7.4.3 is:

"Fix temporary memory leak when using non-hashed aggregates (Tom)"

I am still using 7.4.2, and want to find out if I need to upgrade to 7.4.3.

I did not quite understand the bug, or find a way to re-produce this in the
mailist archives.

Can someone point me to the test case which can re-produce this problem.
No, just upgrade, it is very easy, just stop, install, restart.